WinSCP 5.17.1 setup.exe fails to install on Windows XP - not a valid Win32 application

Advertisement

haverchuck

WinSCP 5.17.1 setup.exe fails to install on Windows XP - not a valid Win32 application

I know XP is dead, but my PC died and I was forced to pull out an old laptop that has Windows XP on it and tried to install WinSCP 5.17.1 (website says it supports XP service pack 2 through Windows 10).
I have XP service pack 3, but when I tried to run the setup.exe I get
WinSCP-5.17.1-Setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
So it seems WinSCP does not work on Windows XP as advertised.
Please don't tell me to get rid of my XP laptop, its all I have while my other PC is getting repaired.
Thank you.

Advertisement

jmar83
jmar83 avatar

And: Portable zip seems to be a RC (="Release Candidate") version. If i would like to use that portable version: Where can i download the release (non-RC) version zip file?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

jmar83 wrote:

-> And i've found the release (instead of RC) version; your link https://winscp.net/eng/downloads.php#stable_portablezip does scroll to RC version - and i didn't saw that. i lil bit of scrolling above and i got it.. ;-)
It scrolls to "Portable executables" of WinSCP 5.17. At least for me – Tested on all major browsers. Can you check again and post a screenshot if it still does not work for you correctly?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum