- Local file manager mode (two local panels). 1893
- Ongoing delete operation can be moved to background queue. 194
- Showing directory size in file panel. 41
- Tab titles are shortened to fit window width as needed. 1423
- Tabs show tooltips with full session name and paths.
- Remembering remote directory tree nodes state when switching sessions. 1057
Shift-clicking New Session command opens the Login dialog in new WinSCP instance, instead of possibly opening new instance of workspace.
- When switching tabs, prevent visibly scrolling the panels when focusing the last selected file.
- Removed the “compression” indicator from the status bar.
- Allowed normal behavior of double-click on a file even when resolving of symlinks is disabled. 2037
- Change: Keyboard shortcut for Command Line command changed to
- Support for ACL for S3 protocol. 1641
- SSH core upgraded to PuTTY 0.76. 1984
It brings the following changes:
- It is possible to import sessions from OpenSSH
- Change: Removed support for SSH-1.
- Optionally keeping symbolic link name in path instead of resolving it with SFTP protocol. 81
- Improved shortening long paths, when single level name is too long on its own. 2043
- WebDAV core upgraded to neon 0.32.1.
- Allow displaying all VMS file revisions with FTP protocol. 1944
- Support reading S3 credentials from AWS CLI configuration. 1941
- Bytes transferred are recorded in XML log and available in .NET assembly API. 597
- Generating PPK3 keys.
- It is possible to copy information to the clipboard from the Properties dialog.
WinSCP.exebe deployed even when WinSCP NuGet package is included as transitive dependency. 2017
- When performing a single-item atomic operation, displaying indeterminate progress status.
- S3 Security token session option renamed to a more appropriate Session Token.
- Not resetting protocol to WebDAV when S3 protocol is selected and HTTP URL is pasted on the Login dialog. 2045
- Automatically reconnect when FTP server fails to open data connection, if it previously worked. 2046
- Confirm closing when multiple tabs are opened and auto workspace saving is not enabled, even when none of the tabs contain an active remote session.
- Including host key of tunnel session in generated code. 2006
- Support for custom certificate store files with configurable path. 2034
- Allowed providing tunnel private key passphrase in scripting. 2029
- Improved handling of long shell command error messages. 1949
- Considering global passive/active mode settings when importing sessions from FileZilla
- Automatically retry when S3 transfer fails with
503code (Slow down or Service unavailable). 2047
- Improving formatting of errors displayed after an operation completed in Continue on error mode.
Ctrl+Shift+Rkeyboard shortcut for Reconnect Session command.
- Change: Keyboard shortcut for Restore Selection command changed to
- Change: Monitoring
- Preventing beep when using
Alt+Enterto open the Properties dialog.
- When collecting list of files for background transfer, say “Listing” instead of “Calculating” not to give an impression that it is a superfluous operation. 2026
- Checking for too many parameters with
- PNG code upgraded to PngComponents 1.7.0.
- Warning when selecting too new key file.
- Warning when opening more than 100 tabs. 1997
- Including HTTP message into S3 error message.
- Bug fix: Do not say “Terminated by user” when the session has actually timed out.
- Bug fix: Cannot use passwords and passphrases longer than 255 characters in automation and various other purposes. 1988
- Bug fix: When size of a file downloaded with FTP protocol changes (or when ASCII mode is used) the logged size did not reflect the actual transfer size.
- Bug fix: When connecting disconnected session the directory might be loaded twice.
- Bug fix: Failure when entering directory that contains file with a slash in its name. 2016
- Bug fix: When S3 authentication region changes during session, previously visited buckets from the original authentication region could not be accessed anymore. 2027
- Bug fix: Failure when using multiple connections with local proxy command. 2028
- Bug fix: Configuration import did not remove old sites and did not load all GUI settings. 2040
- Bug fix: When S3 transfer fatally fails, error details were lost.
- Compatibility with Google Cloud S3 API when duplicating files. 2038
- Compatibility with Google Cloud S3 API when deleting implicitly existing directories. 2042
- Translation updated: Turkish.
- Logging a reference to 1952 when an OpenSSH 8.8 (or newer) server refuses the key.
- Bug fix: Crash when new contents is copied to the clipboard while downloading files pasted from the clipboard. 2036
- Bug fix: Browse Remote Directory command on Synchronization checklist did not locate file with spaces.
- Bug fix: Extension ZIP and Upload does not work with files in a drive root. 2039
- Bug fix: Path on Console window was not shortened when it did not fit.
- Translation updated: Hungarian.
- Showing release date on the About dialog.
- Support for custom certificate store files. 2034
- Allow other
PWDcommand, not only the standard
- Bug fix: When there are both site folder and site with the same name and the site was selected when closing the Login dialog, when reopening, the folder was selected instead.
- Translation updated: French.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1l.
- Using Documents folder when the last used local directory in Explorer interface does not exist anymore. 2011
- Bug fix: TLS session resumption is not working for subsequent FTP transfers with TLS 1.3 when the server requires reuse of the session of the previous transfer. 2018
- Bug fix: Cannot access S3 bucket root when the access policy checks for empty prefix. 2021
- Bug fix: Response from ProFTPD FTP checksum commands is not recognized. 2023
- Bug fix: Failure when submitting prompt with “Never ask me again” selected. 2022
- Bug fix: Panels are drawn incorrectly after toggling Full row select. 2025
- Bug fix: Timeout while uploading files to some FTP servers using TLS 1.3. 2030
- Bug fix: Incomplete listing for S3 servers that indicate truncated listing after the contents and whose pagination is a multiple of 8 (e.g. Backblaze). 2032
- Translation completed: French.
- Restored compatibility with FTP servers that return malformed
pdirentries in directory listing. 2004
- Fix from PuTTY 0.76: Avoid crash in MIT Kerberos for Windows on session restart.
- SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.76. It brings the following change: After 30 or so simultaneous sessions, Pageant stops working. win-pageant-max-connections
- Bug fix: Empty local drive could not be entered. 2000
- Bug fix: TLS settings in default site settings is not restored when opening Login dialog in some cases. 2001
- Bug fix: Memory leak when deleting completed background transfers.
- Bug fix: Hang when running under Task Scheduler or a similar service with session logging enabled. 2005
- Translation updated: Italian.
- Incrementing port numbers for secondary connections of tunneled sessions with fixed forwarding port number. 1996
- Bug fix: Failure when automatically opening a workspace on startup with too many sessions. 1997
- Bug fix: Failure when reading a key file without a trailing newline. 1998
- Bug fix: Failure when SFTP server resolves
.path to an empty string. 1999
- When installing an extension from a URL, not saving the extension with BOM.
- Not aborting “Keep remote directory up to date” function when connection is lost while deleting files or looking for differences and the session is reconnected. 1994
- Bug fix: When handling URL in an existing WinSCP instance, session settings from a stored site named after the URL hostname are not used. 1992
- Bug fix: It was possible to move toolbar on progress windows.
- Bug fix: When installing an extension from a file, it is always saved in UTF-8 with BOM, disregarding the original encoding. 1993
- Bug fix: When “Keep remote directory up to date” function was started from command-line, disconnects were not detected.
- Bug fix: When connection was lost and not reconnected, the “Keep remote directory up to date” window was not closed.
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.4.1.
- Installer upgraded to Inno Setup 6.2.0.
- Using multipart uploads with S3 protocol on Google Cloud as it is supported there now.
- Bug fix: Broken layout of Properties dialog when opening on a secondary display with high DPI primary display. 1990
- Bug fix: The “Drag & drop shell extension” installation component was not showing its size.
- Bug fix: When saving a local file, the “Saving” status on the Internal editor status bar is never cleared.
- Bug fix: No error message is sometimes shown when SFTP server disconnects. 1991
- Translation updated: Farsi.
- Support for PPK version 3 keys from PuTTY 0.75. 1986 ppk3
- SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.75. It brings the following changes:
- Pageant now supports loading a key still encrypted, and decrypting it later by prompting for the passphrase on first use. pageant-deferred-decrypt
- Upgraded default SSH key fingerprint format to OpenSSH-style SHA-256.ssh-fingerprint-formats
- PuTTYgen now supports alternative provable-prime generation algorithm for RSA and DSA.
- Replaces Windows Pageant’s IPC with named pipes. pageant-named-pipe
- Bug fix: PuTTYgen mis-writes OpenSSH private key format for some Ed25519 keys. openssh-ed25519-corrupt-private-key
- Bug fix: Moving a transfer to background just in between two individual file transfers cancels the transfer. 1983
- Bug fix: Files saved in external editors are not uploaded in timezones behind UTC. 1985
- Bug fix: Sort > By Type icon for was still incorrect.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1k.
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.3.0.
- The enumerable returned by
Session.EnumerateRemoteFilesimplements the interface implicitly to allow access to the interface method (
GetEnumerator) from late-bound languages, like PowerShell.
- Disabling multipart uploads with S3 protocol on Google Cloud they are not supported there. 1972
- Allow downloading a file from an FTP server via a symbolic link in scripting or when handling a URL. 1973
- Allowing use of the stream returned by
Session.GetFilefrom a different thread. 1978
- Workaround for specific encoding of special characters in filenames by OneDrive WebDAV interface. 1824
https://URL with known S3 API hostname (
storage.googleapis.com) is interpreted as S3 protocol, instead of WebDAV.
- Automatically resume transfer when TLS re-key fails. 1982
- Translation updated: German.
- Bug fix: Ignoring disconnect messages from the server while closing the connection. 1977
- Bug fix: Preventing another application (or WinSCP instance) stealing the selected tunnel port. 1971
- Bug fix: Hang after receiving multiline response from FTP server. 1963
- Bug fix: Sort > By Type icon for was incorrect.
- Bug fix: Keyboard cues were shown in toolbar buttons drop down menus even when the menu was dropped down with mouse.
- Bug fix: Failure when connecting to FTPS server that supports client certificates with translation that uses multi byte encoding. 1966
- Bug fix: Remembered password is forgotten after the first failed (re)connect, even if the failure did not involve the password. 1967
- Bug fix: Problems with port forwarding are not detected. 1970
- Bug fix: Potential failure when waiting for a command executed from Console window is aborted.
- Bug fix: When saving a site with a slash in the username, it is misinterpreted as a site folder.
- Bug fix: DST start or end causes edited/opened files to be uploaded. 1974
- Bug fix: Failure when retrieving a directory listing from an FTP server when the data are transmitted in huge amount of tiny chunks. 1976
- Bug fix: Some operations with relative paths (notably creating and deleting a subdirectory) were failing on encrypted session.
- Bug fix: Local > Go to > Explore Directory was not working with focused remote panel.
- Bug fix: A workspace session opened from a stored site could not be used for operation in a new window or duplicated.
- Bug fix: Error when uploading an empty folder in the foreground or any folder in the background to an FTP server with permissions configured.
- Bug fix: Adding new background transfer while queue processing is disabled and some parallelized transfer was already started results in “waiting” items being endlessly added to the queue list.
- Translations completed: Korean and Romanian.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1j.
- When opening or switching to a session whose local directory does not exist, open the nearest existing parent directory. 1951
- Switch-like raw session settings can be configured using
- Improving validation of port numbers in scripting and .NET assembly.
- Bug fix: Parsing of multiline VMS FTP listing entries is broken. 1950
- Bug fix: When moving files to an unvisited folder in an encrypted session, the folder contents is cached as before the move.
- Bug fix: Failure when dropping files to a disconnected tab or duplicating to a disconnected session.
- Bug fix: Failure when duplicating a not-yet-connected session.
- Bug fix: Canceled or failed FTP transfer caused connection loss.
- Bug fix: Some errors and information while opening a session in scripting were not logged. 1956
- Bug fix: SFTP uploads are slow. 1957
- Bug fix: Failure when S3 bucket contains a subfolder with an empty name. 1958
- Bug fix: Cannot enter an S3 folder that only contains a subfolder with an empty name. 1959
- Bug fix: Error when moving or copying file with non-ASCII file name using S3 protocol. 1960
- Bug fix: Timezone is not correctly reflected in S3 timestamps.
- Improved FTP support for VMS servers (and potentially for other non-Unix-like systems). 49
- Translations completed: Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian and Turkish.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1i.
- Preserve file permissions when overwritten files are recycled and transfer resume is disabled. 1929
- Keyboard-interactive authentication challenges can be copied to the clipboard and links contained in the challenges can be opened. 1930
- Added method
RemotePath.EscapeOperationMaskto .NET assembly.
- Added method
ComparisonDifference.Reverseto .NET assembly.
- Implemented method
ComparisonDifference.ToStringin .NET assembly.
Positionmethods and properties of the
Streamreturned by the
Session.GetFilebehave as expected for a read-only steam.
- Allowed using SFTP servers that have problems with SSH_FXP_REALPATH requests. 1933
- Bug fix: Target file name with escaped operation mask special symbols was incorrectly interpreted as an actual operation mask on some dialogs (upload, duplicate, etc), resulting in misplaced warnings
- Bug fix: Local path argument of
Session.PutFileToDirectoryis incorrectly escaped. 1931
- Bug fix: Path argument of
Session.PutFileis incorrectly escaped.
- Bug fix: Failure when using from single-file bundle. 1932
- Bug fix:
Session.GetFilecan fail, if the server responds too quickly.
- Bug fix: Failure when S3 bucket contains a folder with an empty name. 1934
- Bug fix: When the active tab was disconnected, closing window with another active session did not require a confirmation.
- Bug fix: Setting the logging level to -1 (Reduced) does not work in .NET assembly. 1936
- Bug fix: Ellipses from German command names are not stripped from toolbar buttons.
- Bug fix: Hang when the stream returned by
Session.GetFileis closed before the download finished.
- Bug fix: Failure when looking for PuTTY key tools and the
PATHcontain invalid paths. 1942
- Bug fix: Prevent loading session settings that can lead to remote code execution from handled URLs. 1943
- Bug fix: Hang when S3 server returns a truncated listing with folders only. 1946
- A complete list of files that are part of a background transfer can be shown. 1785
Streaminterface in .NET assembly. 1738
- With SFTP protocol files can be streamed to stdout and from stdin in scripting.
- Support SHA-256 fingerprints of TLS/SSL certificates. 1842
- Extension Synchronize with another remote server.
- When connecting to new SSH host, its host key can be automatically accepted in scripting and .NET assembly.
- Optional case-sensitive synchronization. 71
- Enabled TLS 1.3 by default.
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.2.10.
- SSH core upgraded to PuTTY 0.74. It brings the following change:
- Security fix: If an SSH server accepted an offer of a public key and then rejected the signature, WinSCP could access freed memory, if the key had come from an SSH agent. vuln-agent-keylist-used-after-free
- Resume transfer when FTP data connection disconnects. 1878
- Support for
- Support for authentication using temporary credentials from AWS Security Token Service (STS). 1839
- Support for SNI with FTP. 1895
- Installer upgraded to Inno Setup 6.1.2.
- Change: Installer needs Windows 7 SP1/2008 R2 SP1.
- Alternative way to provide credentials in scripting/command-line without URL-encoding. 1821
- Compatibility with WebDAV servers that incorrectly encode file URL. 1876
- Optimizing S3 connection buffers for speed. 1732
- Edited/opened files from a disconnected session can now be attached to new session even if its username was entered only during authentication instead of directly on the Login dialog. 1890
- Returning to Login dialog, when ad-hoc connection fails. 1909
- Local ports for active FTP mode can be limited. 958
- Allow explicit navigation to a hidden local folder by enabling showing of hidden files and folder, if not enabled yet. 1905
- Added full Go To submenu to context menu of panel path label
- Automatically restore external editor defaults when changing editor command from Notepad to 3rd party editor. 1872
- Suppress errors when opened/edited files are locked. 1832
- Support clearing GID/UID flag on directories with new versions of GNU coreutils. 1850
/nointeractiveinputto usage screen.
- List encrypt-then-MAC algorithms in
- Not using a transfer via temporary file for files that would exceed system length limit with the temporary extension. 1922
- Automatically closing timed out
- Logging IANA encryption algorithm names. 1886
- Displaying, what directory is being read at the end of login to a server, in a tooltip. 1916
- Use dark window title for the main window in the dark mode on Windows 10 2004. 1920
- Clarified that WinSCP may crash in the warning message when trying to load too big file into the internal editor. 1847
- Do not prevent WinSCP from working when jump list cannot be updated. 1857
- Allow forcing use of
LISTcommand to retrieve file information in scripting for FTP servers that has broken support for
- Duplicate and Rename commands work even for disconnected sessions.
- IPv6 literals with scope or literals that are already escaped in square brackets are formatted standardly in session URL (instead of URL-encoding them).
- Allowed longer input on Edit file input box. 1911
- Added help link to Add extension box and making the box wider.
- GSSAPI key exchange authentication can be turned on. 1863
- When trying to open an inaccessible local directory, display an error message, instead of silently doing nothing.
- Cleanup application data dialog labels cache cleanup checkbox label updated to reflect previously updated functionality.
- Disabling tips controls until some tips are actually available.
- Optionally disable moving using drag&drop. 1884
- Main window follows Login dialog to another monitor, when switched using keyboard shortcuts
- When path to an existing local directory is specified on the Download options dialog without an operation mask, a noop operation mask is implied.
- Workaround for wrong description of
Num *keyboard shortcut in menus with German keyboard. 1889
- Files with the same name except for a letter case are sorted deterministically. 1894
- Not offering pasting from clipboard on the file panels if the clipboard contains multi-line text.
- Extending transfer dialog drop down menu size to 16 entries.
- Bug fix: Local file panel ignored changes in latter case of files and folders. 1885
- Bug fix: Local custom commands that need session but no remote files were not disabled when session was not connected.
- Bug fix: Correct letter case variant of remote directory in directory tree was not always selected. 1891
- Bug fix: With no connected session, shared bookmarks modifications are not preserved.
- Bug fix: Using list header color appropriate for the actual light/dark column background color (list headers are not dark, unless system wide app dark mode is enabled).
- Bug fix:
Session.ParseUrlcannot accept fingerprint parameter for sessions over TLS. 1925
- Bug fix: Custom command patterns
!Edo not include fingerprint of TLS certificate.
- Bug fix: Cannot work with filenames ending with space with FTP protocol. 1900
- Bug fix: Canceling remote path drop down did not reset it back to the current path.
- Bug fix: Folders in a drive root showed incorrect type name sometimes.
- Bug fix: Customizing custom commands from Synchronization checklist window was not working. 1908
- Bug fix: Whole local drive could have been scanned when trying to browse to non-existing or hidden folders.
- Bug fix: Timed out status bar note was not added to history popup box, while a session is disconnected.
- Bug fix: Duplicate command in remote file context menu operated over selected files instead of the focused file.
- Bug fix: *nix shell special characters were unintentionally escaped in PuTTY/SSH terminal command patterns. 1906
- Back-propagated security fixes from 5.18.1 release:
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1i.
- Bug fix: Prevent loading session settings that can lead to remote code execution from handled URLs. 1943