- Local file manager mode (two local panels). 1893
- Ongoing delete operation can be moved to background queue. 194
- Showing directory size in file panel. 41
- File checksum calculation support for SCP protocol and SFTP protocol via secondary shell session using shell commands like
- Tab titles are shortened to fit window width as needed. 1423
- Tabs show tooltips with full session name and paths.
- Remembering remote directory tree nodes state when switching sessions. 1057
Shift-clicking New Session command opens the Login dialog in new WinSCP instance, instead of possibly opening new instance of workspace.
- Allowed opening all sites in a folder in PuTTY. 2079
- Cleaning up temporary WinSCP PuTTY sessions.
- Added import from KiTTY directly to the Import dialog. 1551
- PNG code upgraded to PngComponents 1.9.0.
- When switching tabs, prevent visibly scrolling the panels when focusing the last selected file.
- Removed the “compression” indicator from the status bar.
- Allowed normal behavior of double-click on a file even when resolving of symlinks is disabled. 2037
Session.ExecutablePathreturns detected or actual executable path when not set. 2055
- Change: Keyboard shortcut for Command Line command changed to
- Preventing construction of .NET assembly internal collection classes, what avoids them being unnecessarily registered for COM.
- Bug fix: Failure when trying to switch session tabs while previous switch did not complete yet.
- Bug fix: When importing from FileZilla with KiTTY selected as SSH terminal, host keys were imported from KiTTY instead of FileZilla/PuTTY.
- Bug fix: Incorrect escaping of values in single-quoted patterns in custom commands.
- Translation completed: Farsi.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1q.
- Bug fix: “Hidden files showing toggled” message displays opposite status.
- Bug fix: Cannot authenticate to WebDAV server with username containing some special characters. 2095
- Bug fix: Checkbox to set permissions recursively on Properties dialog is missing, when changing owner and group is not supported. 2097
- Bug fix: .NET assembly type library cannot be used in WSH. 2098
- Translation completed: Polish.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1p.
- Not offering to create a link to parent directory, when it happens to be selected, when starting to create a link. 2091
- Bug fix: Extension options dialog layout broken on systems with multiple monitors with different text scaling. 2090
- Bug fix: Failure when starting parallel FTP background transfers. 2093
- Bug fix: Directory coloring rules on remote panel do not work. 2094
- Bug fix: Hang when entering small directories with FTP protocol. 2087
- Bug fix: Lag when moving files from remote panel using drag&drop. 2088
- Bug fix: After certain operations, drive that was ever opened in local file panel cannot be safely removed temporarily.
- SSH core and SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.77. It brings the following changes:
- Pageant: Option
--openssh-configto allow easy interoperation with Windows’s
- Bug fix: PuTTYgen’s mouse-based entropy collection now handles high-frequency mice without getting confused. win-puttygen-entropy-rate-limit
- Bug fix: Pageant can now handle large numbers of concurrent connections without hanging or crashing. win-pageant-max-connections-2
- Bug fix: If Pageant is started multiple times simultaneously, the instances should reliably agree on one of them to be the persistent server. win-pageant-concurrent-startup
- Pageant: Option
- Improved error message when FTP server returns malformed response. 2077
- Translations updated: German and Slovak.
- Not listing remote directory when downloading file using FTP protocol with overwrite confirmations off. 2084
- Workaround for calls to system API failing when used first time against some network shares (Samba) with paths over the legacy Windows limit. 2082
- Workaround for an apparent bug in Windows 11 that prevents WinSCP from stopping Windows going to the sleep mode during transfers. 2083
- Workaround for specific encoding of commas in filenames (and particularly directory names) by OneDrive WebDAV interface. 2085
- Bug fix: When transferring a growing file, after its original size is reached, the
Session.FileTransferProgressevent starts being triggered continuously. 2078
- Bug fix: Restored pre-5.20.3 behaviour with MVS systems. 2086
- Translations completed: Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Ukrainian; and updated: Vietnamese
- Streaming support in .NET assembly and scripting for FTP protocol. 1945
- Improved compatibility with MVS systems. 2069
- New .NET assembly method
Session.TryGetFileInfo. Thanks to @RachamimYaakobov. 2068
- Expanding environment variables in Open Directory/Location Profiles dialogs in local paths. 909
- Optimized loading of large directories. 1631
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1o.
- Installer upgraded to Inno Setup 6.2.1.
- When group (Site/Shared) to which new location profile is added is changed, switching the page to the target group.
- Preventing occasional exhaustion of resources while testing WinSCP executable version on repeated use of .NET assembly. 2075
- Bug fix: Capabilities of S3 sessions were not shown.
- Bug fix: Misplaced warning about unused scripting parameters when
/rawsettingscommand-line switch is used. 2070
- Bug fix: File panels malfunction when files are dropped from other application to it. 2071
- Bug fix: When logging transfer statistics, recent transfer speed was logged instead of average speed of whole transfer. 2073
- Bug fix: z/OS PDS members without ISPF statistics are omitted in directory listing. 2076
- Translations updated: German and Vietnamese.
- SSH core upgraded to pre-release build of PuTTY 0.77.
It brings the following changes:
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1n.
- WebDAV core upgraded to neon 0.32.2.
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.4.8.
- Allowed uploading edited files over encrypted session. 1989
- Building .NET assembly in Visual Studio 2019.
- Optionally not flashing taskbar button when WinSCP needs attention while in the background. 2067
- In .NET assembly or scripting with “nul” configuration, when WinSCP registry key does not exist, do not write statistics to INI file. 2066
- New less prominent icon for Quit command.
- Bug fix: Failure when attempting to switch to an unconnected sessions using keyboard shortcuts while another session is being connected.
- Bug fix: Removing all custom commands resets the default ones when INI file is used. 2059
- Bug fix: Failure when changing remote folder using directory tree while previous directory is still loading. 2060
- Bug fix: Drive that was ever opened in local file panel cannot be safely removed until WinSCP is closed. 2061
- Bug fix: “Optimize connection buffer size” checkbox was disabled for S3 although it has effect for the protocol. 2058
- Bug fix: Custom commands menu fail to open. 2062
- Bug fix: Local drive menu does not reflect some changes. 2063
- Bug fix: Using drive menu to change to an invalid drive fails silently.
- Bug fix: Scripting command
lsin FTP session displays timestamps without year even if the server (notably IIS) provided the year, if it did not provide seconds. 2065
- File masks relative to the root of an operation. 2052
- Private key can be provided as string in .NET assembly and scripting. 2044
- Support for importing key files that are specified using home
~prefix from OpenSSH
- Translation updated: German.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1m.
- Commands that do not fit on Custom Commands toolbar are presented in drop down menu, instead of a horizontal bar. 554
- First hiding right-most Custom Commands toolbar commands that do not fit.
- Prevent hang when dragging files without drag&drop shell extensions when some mapped network drive is not available. 2054
- Added new
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.4.2.
- Bug fix: When initial remote directory specified in the
opencommand does not exist, the error was silently ignored.
- Bug fix: File color rules with path mask do not work for local files.
- Support for ACL for S3 protocol. 1641
- SSH core upgraded to PuTTY 0.76. 1984
It brings the following changes:
- It is possible to import sessions from OpenSSH
- Change: Removed support for SSH-1.
- Optionally keeping symbolic link name in path instead of resolving it with SFTP protocol. 81
- Improved shortening long paths, when single level name is too long on its own. 2043
- WebDAV core upgraded to neon 0.32.1.
- Allow displaying all VMS file revisions with FTP protocol. 1944
- Support reading S3 credentials from AWS CLI configuration. 1941
- Bytes transferred are recorded in XML log and available in .NET assembly API. 597
- Generating PPK3 keys.
- It is possible to copy information to the clipboard from the Properties dialog.
WinSCP.exebe deployed even when WinSCP NuGet package is included as transitive dependency. 2017
- When performing a single-item atomic operation, displaying indeterminate progress status.
- S3 Security token session option renamed to a more appropriate Session Token.
- Not resetting protocol to WebDAV when S3 protocol is selected and HTTP URL is pasted on the Login dialog. 2045
- Automatically reconnect when FTP server fails to open data connection, if it previously worked. 2046
- Confirm closing when multiple tabs are opened and auto workspace saving is not enabled, even when none of the tabs contain an active remote session.
- Including host key of tunnel session in generated code. 2006
- Support for custom certificate store files with configurable path. 2034
- Allowed providing tunnel private key passphrase in scripting. 2029
- Improved handling of long shell command error messages. 1949
- Considering global passive/active mode settings when importing sessions from FileZilla
- Automatically retry when S3 transfer fails with
503code (Slow down or Service unavailable). 2047
- Improving formatting of errors displayed after an operation completed in Continue on error mode.
Shift+Ctrl+Rkeyboard shortcut for Reconnect Session command.
- Change: Keyboard shortcut for Restore Selection command changed to
- Change: Monitoring
- Preventing beep when using
Alt+Enterto open the Properties dialog.
- When collecting list of files for background transfer, say “Listing” instead of “Calculating” not to give an impression that it is a superfluous operation. 2026
- Checking for too many parameters with
- PNG code upgraded to PngComponents 1.7.0.
- Warning when selecting too new key file.
- Warning when opening more than 100 tabs. 1997
- Including HTTP message into S3 error message.
- Bug fix: Do not say “Terminated by user” when the session has actually timed out.
- Bug fix: Cannot use passwords and passphrases longer than 255 characters in automation and various other purposes. 1988
- Bug fix: When size of a file downloaded with FTP protocol changes (or when ASCII mode is used) the logged size did not reflect the actual transfer size.
- Bug fix: When connecting disconnected session the directory might be loaded twice.
- Bug fix: Failure when entering directory that contains file with a slash in its name. 2016
- Bug fix: When S3 authentication region changes during session, previously visited buckets from the original authentication region could not be accessed anymore. 2027
- Bug fix: Failure when using multiple connections with local proxy command. 2028
- Bug fix: Configuration import did not remove old sites and did not load all GUI settings. 2040
- Bug fix: When S3 transfer fatally fails, error details were lost.
- Translation updated: German.
- Back-propagated fixes from 5.20–5.20.2 releases:
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1m.
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.4.6.
- Compatibility with Google Cloud S3 API when duplicating files. 2038
- Compatibility with Google Cloud S3 API when deleting implicitly existing directories. 2042
- Translation updated: Turkish.
- Logging a reference to 1952 when an OpenSSH 8.8 (or newer) server refuses the key.
- Bug fix: Crash when new contents is copied to the clipboard while downloading files pasted from the clipboard. 2036
- Bug fix: Browse Remote Directory command on Synchronization checklist did not locate file with spaces.
- Bug fix: Extension ZIP and Upload does not work with files in a drive root. 2039
- Bug fix: Path on Console window was not shortened when it did not fit.
- Translation updated: Hungarian.
- Showing release date on the About dialog.
- Support for custom certificate store files. 2034
- Allow other
PWDcommand, not only the standard
- Bug fix: When there are both site folder and site with the same name and the site was selected when closing the Login dialog, when reopening, the folder was selected instead.
- Translation updated: French.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1l.
- Using Documents folder when the last used local directory in Explorer interface does not exist anymore. 2011
- Bug fix: TLS session resumption is not working for subsequent FTP transfers with TLS 1.3 when the server requires reuse of the session of the previous transfer. 2018
- Bug fix: Cannot access S3 bucket root when the access policy checks for empty prefix. 2021
- Bug fix: Response from ProFTPD FTP checksum commands is not recognized. 2023
- Bug fix: Failure when submitting prompt with “Never ask me again” selected. 2022
- Bug fix: Panels are drawn incorrectly after toggling Full row select. 2025
- Bug fix: Timeout while uploading files to some FTP servers using TLS 1.3. 2030
- Bug fix: Incomplete listing for S3 servers that indicate truncated listing after the contents and whose pagination is a multiple of 8 (e.g. Backblaze). 2032